For the past decade, our Shop Indie Local partners have pulled together to support locally owned businesses. Now, we invite you to fuel our movement!
The American Independent Business Alliance (AMIBA) has worked for over a decade to pull Shop Indie Local partners together to support locally owned businesses during the holiday season. Now, we invite you to fuel our year-round movement to grow more local, equitable, and inclusive economies.
We envision an impactful year-round role for Shop Indie Local, offering imaginative and innovative ways to support locally owned and independent businesses of all types and in all regions in our nation. We’ll build on the momentum we’ve cultivated each November – December since 2010 and elevate Shop Indie Local into a year-round movement.
Let’s work together to promote the value of locally owned, independent businesses in sustaining strong local economies and:
- Demonstrate the strength and resilience of small, independent businesses.
- Cultivate a stronger alliance to nourish future collaborations to address the challenges that independent businesses face.
- Galvanize community members to advocate for future changes beyond their own purchasing practices.
With your support, our Shop Indie Local efforts will:
- Glean the best campaign ideas relating to our six identified themes.
- Develop adaptable and easily replicable campaigns to share with partners at least three months in advance of launch dates.
- Increase awareness of and participation from organizations and businesses that support the local economy movement.
- Empower partners to broadcast the value of locally owned, independent businesses in sustaining strong local, equitable, and inclusive economies.
Our 2022 Campaign Themes:
- Shop Black-Owned (February)
- Bank Local/Move Your Money (April)
- Independents Month (July)
- Eat Indie Local (August – September)
- Support Local Artists/Musicians (October)
- Shop Indie Local Holiday Season (Mid-October – December)
We will strive to keep participation in our 2022 campaigns accessible to all communities. In 2021, Shop Indie Local partnership was free. With your support, we can keep participation free or low-cost to all.
There is no movement without all of you. Please support our crowdfunding campaign today!
Signed copy of Michael Shuman's latest book.
Shop Black-Owned Champion: Your name and logo will appear on our 2022 campaign page.
Move Your Money Champion: Your name and logo will appear on our 2022 campaign page.
Eat Indie Local Champion: Your name and logo will appear on our 2022 campaign page.
Shop Indie Local Champion: Your name and logo will appear on our 2022 campaign page.
Shop Indie Local Super Champion: Your name and logo will appear on our 2022 campaign page and all holiday e-blasts.
We're at the 32% Mark
A huge thank you to the eleven independent businesses, business alliances, and individuals who supported the first week of our campaign. We’re now at the 32% mark!
Do you want to see Eat Local, Shop Local, Bank Local campaigns grow in your community? We do, too! Support our Shop Indie Local crowdfunding campaign today and grow the movement.
We Hit the Halfway Mark
Thank you so much for helping us reach the halfway mark!
We’re also so grateful to the Monadnock Food Co-op. They recently launched a Round It Up Donation Drive for us.
Stay tuned for our Move Your Money Campaign this April — this is our newest Shop Indie Local Campaign. We want to empower you to Bank Local and Invest Local!
We Did It! 100+% of Our Goal Reached
YOU DID IT! As a supporter of our crowdfunding campaign, you’re fueling this movement. We can’t thank you enough.
There’s still a week to go — so if you missed out on contributing to our campaign, you still have time. Learn more and support our Shop Indie Local campaign today!
|Richard Berkfield||Brattleboro, VT||March 22, 2022|
|Keene,||March 21, 2022|
|Keene, NH||March 14, 2022|
|Monadnock Food Co-op Round It Up Drive||Keene, NH||March 09, 2022|
|Katelyn Heller||Laramie, WY||March 02, 2022|
|Laurence Hammel||Wayland, MA||February 22, 2022|
|Sid Raisch||Hillsboro, OH||February 09, 2022|
|Jennifer Rubenstein||Louisville, KY, KY||January 31, 2022|
|Bert Miller||Navasota, TX||January 20, 2022|
|Joan Kelley||Colorado springs, CO||January 19, 2022|
|Brad Weber||San Diego, CA||January 15, 2022|
|Luck Davidson||Greensboro, NC||January 10, 2022|
|White Mountain Independents||North Conway, NH||January 10, 2022|
|Laurence Hammel||Wayland, MA||January 10, 2022|
|Caroline Tremblay||Richmond, NH||January 07, 2022|
|Kim Vincent||Laramie, WY||January 06, 2022|
|Debra Brown||Webster City, IA||January 05, 2022|
|Monadnock Food Co-op||Keene, NH||December 27, 2021|
|The Local Crowd Monadnock||Keene, NH||December 20, 2021|
|Sustainable Business Network of MA||Boston, MA||December 06, 2021|
|Dane Buy Local||Madison, WI||December 06, 2021|